CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Am I a bad mom?

Ok so here's the deal, in the last month Brooklin has gotten hurt twice while I was "watching" her. I feel that I am a good mom and accidence are going to happen, however 2 in one week is that to many? here is what happened:
On Sunday the 2nd was sitting on my bed folding clothes and Brooklin was dancing and playing in front of the full length mirror that was behind the bedroom door that had broken a couple days ago that no one had taken out to the garbage yet. Well a longer piece of the mirror fell on her and cut her cheek. It wasn't to deep and stopped bleeding quickly. I was told that I need to watch her more carefully! What little girl doesn't want to dance in front of a mirror? How was I to know it was going to fall? I really didn't feel that I did anything wrong. Then on Tuesday we were watching Ratatouille and she climbed up onto the arm of the couch, I told her to get down or she would get hurt, she stepped onto the top of her Little Tike slide and it tipped over. She fell into the fireplace hitting her back on the slide and the side of her head on the fireplace. I sat there for a minute waiting to see her reaction. She started to cry so I went over and picked her up and then sat back down on the couch. I got her calmed down and then had her sit up so I could look at her head. When I pulled her away from me my shirt had blood all over it and so did the side of her head! Knowing that the head bleeds a lot I tried to stay calm. My dad was sitting in the chair next to us and I turned to him and said "help me", I stood up and went into the kitchen. My mom and dad helped my try to clean her up to see the cut. We decide that putting her in the bath was the best idea. After getting her in the bath we saw that the cut was only about a inch long, but looked pretty deep. It stopped bleeding so we thought that she wasn't going to need stitches. Later that night, Matt and Brooklin were playing and it started bleeding again. We decided to go to the hospital, she got 2 staples to help it heel. So my question is, Am I a bad mom? Could I have done something differently to prevent it? Accidents will happen right? or is there a way to prevent these accidents?

2 comments:

Trent and Lindsie said...

Accidents happen and if you think you are a bad mom for every bump and bruise them be glad you don't have a boy who is bumped, bruised, and bleeding all the time :) you are a great mom!

juels said...

I wish just watching kids prevented them from getting hurt. So many times you go over what you could have done to prevent accidents but you never know what is going to happen until it does. Your a great mom and love Brooklyn---your doing all you can and sometimes things will happen, just be there for her!!