CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tiny Tot Tumbling

Brooklin started her 8 week tumbling class yesterday. She will go every Monday night for an hour. She had so much fun that's all she is talking about. They made pizza to stretch out, learned to roll onto their backs, do forward summersaults, a wide leg jump, sit ups, back bends, and wheel barrows. There are 13 little 3-4 year old kids in her class. I'm hoping that she will make some new friends. This first week she was a little shy, and for those of you that know Brooklin that is really out of character for her, but I know that she will open up in the coming weeks. Matt and I both went to her first class but I think in the future I will be going by myself, which is what must parents did, but if decides to come great.I'm excited to see the developmental skills that she is going to learn and also for her to have more interaction with other children her age. The teacher had a great idea that when she needs to be disciplined to have her do sit up, I'm going to try it and see if that goes over better than time out. Also she suggested that when she is watching TV have her watch it upside down she it will help her with flexibility and strengthen her back. She said the best way to have her do that is by having her hang over the back of the coach, we might try that but I don't know.

1 comments:

Trent and Lindsie said...

Hey Lori!! I am so glad you have a blog. They are so fun to keep in touch with everyone...I am going to add you to my blog..Have fun in tumbling!