CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Twin Bed

Last night we went and bought a twin size bed for Brooklin! My whole goal is to get her out of my bed and into her own. She has been sleeping in Matt and my bed since we moved into my parents’ house little over a year ago. I haven't and don't really mind it but it would be nice to more then half a pillow space to sleep in at night, I do enjoy cuddling with her however.
I just feel that it time for her to take that step and start sleeping in her own room, in her own bed. I took her shopping and let her pick out her own sheets and bed spread to make it more exciting and fun for her to sleep in the bed. I kind of have made it a big deal that she got this "big girl" bed, again trying to make her want to sleep in it. So last night was the test.
I gave Brooklin her bath, we got in jammies, and both of us got into her bed, and we started reading story. I thought for sure she would fall asleep because she hadn't had a nap and I knew she was tired, maybe too tired. She kept crawling under the sheet, jumping on the bed, and just not calming down. I start to get frustrated. Finally at MIDNIGHT (and I have to work on Saturdays) I gave up and told Matt that I was going to bed. I went into my room and crawled into my own bed. Next thing I knew here she came wanting to watch a DVD. Matt put in the DVD and the next thing I knew my alarm was going off to get up for work and Brooklin was asleep beside me. Oh, well I will try again tonight. I realize that it is going to take some time to get her to adjust; maybe if I start a little earlier trying it will work. I will be sure to keep everyone posted on the transition.

0 comments: